BUILDER Remote Entry Database (BRED) System Requirements
This information is based upon the information submitted for BRED’s Certification of Networthiness.
o These memory requirements are taken from NET3.5 requirements, the programming platform used to develop the BRED software.
o Minimum - 96MB RAM
o Recommended - 256MB RAM
o 200MB hard drive; not including data file(s).
o Minimum resolution of 1024x768.
• The installer will not check but .NET 3.5 is required.
• Admin Privileges are required to install into either the program folder or the common data folder.
• Write permission to the respective folder within the \ProgramData folder (configured by the installer).
• Where are the program’s built-in database (.mdb) files installed, and what permission settings are placed on them/parent folder in order to allow them to be used?
o They are located in ProgramData/ERDC-CERL/BUILDER
o Comparing the ProgramData folder created from the installer and a copy of that folder which I created doing a copy and paste I get the following differences in permission for the Users group:
o The 'ERDC-CERL' folder permissions are the same.
o 'Builder RED' folder and the files within have 'modify' and 'write' permissions added.
• Will BRED work with Window 8?
o Currently BRED works well with Windows 8.
• What tablets work with BRED?
o We cannot endorse or recommend any specific brands. Any PC-based tablet running Windows® 7 or 8 will work, provided that it meets the minimum hardware requirements. There are not any hardware dependencies on specific brands or models.
o Windows 8 introduced support for additional hardware, based upon a different microprocessor (ARM). The Windows RT version and related hardware (including but not limited to Surface RT, Surface 2 [NOT PRO], and Nokia 2520) are NOT compatible. Models that use x86 architecture (Intel ATOM, Core iX, or AMD processors) must be used.
Author: Brenda Mehnert, Nisha Aggarwal